Sports Rehab Physiotherapy
What is Sports Rehab Physiotherapy?
Sports Therapy is an aspect of healthcare that is specifically concerned with the prevention of injury and the rehabilitation of the patient back to optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports specific fitness, regardless of age and ability.
A Sports Therapist is a healthcare professional who has the knowledge, skills and ability to:
- Utilize sports and exercise principles to optimize performance, preparation and injury prevention programmes
- Provide the immediate care of injuries and basic life support in a recreational, training & competitive environment
- Assess, treat and, where appropriate, refer on for specialist advice and intervention.
- Provide appropriate sport and remedial massage in a sport & exercise context
- Plan and implement appropriate rehabilitation programmes
A) Sports injury rehabilitation treats a range of conditions, including:
- Acute sports injuries
- Muscle, tendon and ligament repairs
- Hand injuries
- Shoulder dislocation
- Foot or ankle dysfunction
- Surgery rehab
B) The sports injury rehabilitation program will benefit those with:
- Post-operative injuries
- ACL reconstruction
- Meniscus tears
- Rotator cuff repair
- Acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Tedonitis and bursitis
For more details, get in touch with us. +91-9636634444.